Algorithmic Light Art: How To Not Suck
A talk from EMF 2018 by Cass May
On Friday August 31, 2018 at – in Stage B
Everybody loves blinky LEDs, but what do you do with them once you've got them to not catch fire? A veteran LED addict presents a selection of tips, tricks, and cheats (oh god so many cheats) for getting your project to, well, shine.
- LED types (RGB, RGBW, RGBWW, WWA, WTF?)
- Getting away with the bare minimum (six sine waves and a bitmap)
- Gamma correction, why and how?
- Easing functions
- Optimisation (cheating)
- Geometry and localisation
- When to random
- How not to random
- An exclusive collection of my personal fuckups