Code of Conduct
We are committed to making Electromagnetic Field an inclusive and welcoming event for everyone.
Sadly, technology events have a notorious reputation for harassment. We've set these ground rules to make it abundantly clear that this kind of behaviour is not acceptable, so that everyone can feel comfortable attending EMF.
Everyone who visits EMF is required to abide by this code of conduct, both at the event and on any online channels. We will not tolerate harassment of participants or discriminatory behaviour of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behaviour.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, unconsented physical contact, or sexual attention is harassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- Every participant's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone, or to leave their village, you must respect this.
- Some attendees may not want to be filmed or photographed. Respect their wishes.
- Aggression and elitism are not welcome — nobody should be afraid to ask questions.
If you break these rules, we may expel you from the event without a refund, and we may ban you from future EMF events.
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Find a member of event staff (they'll be clearly identifiable) and let them know. All our volunteer staff will be briefed on how to handle a harassment situation.
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any comments or queries, you can get in touch with our Conduct & Accessibility team at email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.